Friday, January 15, 2010

Vera Had A Butt Double?

Vera Farmiga has revealed that she used a butt double for a love scene with George Clooney in Up In The Air.

In the scene, shot weeks after the 36-year-old gave birth to son Fynn, she lies naked on a bed with her bottom showing and a topless George stretching out on the floor beneath her.

"I had shot this when I had six pounds more chunk on my behind. I did attempt to do the nude scene but I think my bottom had become too large. I got to help choose my body double," she said.

Vera has previously joked that it wasn't the right circumstances for her to appear nude.

"From Running Scared to Never Forever to The Departed, I've mooned audiences my whole life, and I just think it wasn't appropriate given the situation.

"I think what people really wanted to see was George's hairy butt," she has said.

Vera met director Jason Reitman to discuss the role when she was in the throes of pregnancy, and thought she wouldn't be suitable as a mum-to-be.

"I thought I had no chance because I was in the eleventh hour of my pregnancy and I was bigger than Jason and George combined."

:: Up In The Air will be released on Friday January 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment